Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive or avocado oil + more as needed
- To Serve: Honey Mustard (3 tbsp. mustard + 1 tbsp. honey) or Organic Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, tapioca flour, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and black together, and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, crack eggs and whisk until well combined.
- One at a time, dip chicken strips into egg mixture, ensure it is well coated, and then transfer to the flour mixture. Use your hands to ensure that the entire chicken strip is well coated in the flour mixture and then transfer it to the baking sheet.
- Continue doing this, one chicken strip at a time, until all of the chicken has been coated in the egg and flour mixture and placed onto the baking sheet.
- Once the baking sheet is lined with the chicken strips, drizzle olive or avocado oil across all of the chicken strips. You don’t need the chicken to be coated in oil, just a little drizzle across the top of each piece.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven for a total of 18 minutes, turning the strips halfway through, until the tenders are brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve with a side of honey mustard or organic ketchup.