Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Begin by cooking the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa in a fine colander under running water. In a medium pot, combine 1 cup water or broth, 1/2 cup dry quinoa and a pinch of sea salt, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce to a simmer for 12-15 minutes until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl or jar, combine lemon juice, mustard, honey, sea salt and black pepper, and drizzle in olive oil whisking to combine.
- Trim broccoli into florets (discard stems) and cut into manageable bite-size pieces, and combine in a large bowl with slivered almonds and sliced shallots.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add it to the broccoli mixture, cover with dressing and toss well to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- The salad can be served immediately or stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.