Part-Time Medical (Naturopathic) Receptionist
Somerset Health & Wellness Centre
We’re a well-established naturopathic and holistic wellness clinic in Ottawa. We’re looking for a highly personable and talented Receptionist to join our team as the front face of our amazing clinic.
In this role you’ll wear many different hats! We’re a small business and are constantly responding to the diverse needs of the clinic as they arise. One minute the printer may need some tending to, the next moment a patient may have a question, and in the next moment the internet is down.
Can you troubleshoot many things at once gracefully and with joy?
Do you love solving problems, being innovative, being helpful and being the best part of someone’s day? If so, the Somerset family is where you will find a job you love!
As our ideal candidate, you’re smart, open, collaborative, super organized, easy to get along with, and keen to stay with us long-term. You’re into healthy lifestyles and you’re a dog lover!
- Greet patients and visitors with courtesy and kindness at all times
- Schedule and confirm appointments for patients
- Explain services offered by the clinic to potential new patients
- Collect payment for services and natural health products
- Maintain forms and office supplies required for front desk activities
- Ensure the reception area is ready for each working day; open the clinic at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours
- Clerical duties such as filing, distributing mail, data entry
- Assist the doctors with product research and preparation of marketing materials
- Support the operation of our retail arm
- Communicate with other health clinics in requesting and sharing medical records
- Help supervise Ginger, our clinic dog.
- Help maintain a peaceful healing environment where patients feel welcome
- Administrative experience, ideally as a medical admin
- Top-notch computer skills; able to learn new software quickly (we use Jane, MS Office, Google Calendar, Google Drive)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism is a big asset
- Warm, outgoing personality
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with people of all backgrounds
- Discrete and trustworthy; you will often be party to confidential information
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent memory and attention to detail
- Personal or professional experience with naturopathic medicine is an asset
- Love of dogs – we have a therapy dog in the office
- CPR Certification is an asset