Clinic Guidelines for Reopening
The clinic will be officially reopening its doors to the public on June 1 2020 . We are committed to the safety and health of you and our staff. We have been working hard to implement the following guidelines to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission to patients, practitioners and staff.
Keep in mind, virtual visits are still the safest and best option. Your N.D. will let you know if she needs to see you in person. If you are coming to the clinic please read over the following so you are aware of some of the new measures we have put in place for you.
We are going to get through this together and each and every one of us has a role to play. Please read both sections below, what we are doing and what you can do to help keep yourself and those around you safe.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
Action we are taking to keep you (and our staff) safe and healthy:
- We have installed plexiglass barriers in the reception area, the consult rooms and between the I.V. chairs (ETA June 15th 2020)
- Cleaning commonly used surfaces (counters, doors, handles, bathrooms, supplement cabinets etc.) throughout the day
- Contactless payment – your credit card is kept on file so can easily be processed at the end of the visit or if you prefer to e-transfer us that works too! Goodbye debit machine!
- All rooms have hand sanitizers and paper towels with disinfectant to disinfect surfaces between visits.
- The clinic has the required Protective Personal Equipment (PPEs) (masks and gloves) for clinic use.
- We have put up signs in the bathroom to remind people of proper hand-washing technique
- Patient visits will be spread out to limit the number of people in the reception area at any one time.
- We will be staggering the visits and increasing the time frame between patient visits to allow time to sanitize treatment rooms and to clean all equipment used between patients and to limit patient exposure to other patients.
- We have a sign posted outside the clinic listing the symptoms of COVID – 19 and advising patients to return home and call the clinic if they are experiencing any of the symptoms listed.
- We have a sign outside the clinic informing patients and delivery personnel to wait until the door is opened for them.
- We have reduced the number of chairs in the reception area to allow for social distancing.
- I.V. Therapy: Plexiglass screens will be placed between patients
- Your ND will wear a disposable gown when doing IV treatments on patients that are high risk.
- NDs will be using PPE (gloves and masks) if doing any procedure that involves touching the patient or if in close proximity to the patient.
- All books, toys and items have been removed from the waiting area to limit the touching of items
What You Can do To keep yourself (and our staff) safe and healthy
- Please wear a mask to your appointment
- Wash your hands before entering the clinic or use the hand sanitizer provided
- Arrive on time. The visits have been carefully staggered to minimize contact between other patients. If you arrive early, please wait outside the building
- Maintain social distancing. If you see someone exiting the waiting room please provide space for them to pass
- Limit the number of people that you bring to your in-clinic visit. If you wish to have another person in your visit we can arrange for them them to join the visit via zoom
- If you are a vulnerable patient, speak to the receptionist so she can schedule you at a time that limits your potential exposure to other patients.
- Bring as few items to the clinic as possible (backpacks, etc)
- Please bring some toys for your child to play with as we are no longer providing toys
These guidelines will be evaluated and updated as needed based on updates from the College of Naturopaths Ontario.